Saturday, March 12, 2011

William and Kate

When William and Kate sprung their news on us just a matter of weeks ago, I was slow to realise that it was the perfect opportunity to create some new products.

The penny eventually dropped 10 days ago and since then I have not only created two Royal Wedding designs but already had them printed on postcards, coasters and mugs!!! No time like the present!!!

The coasters and mugs are not available in my shops yet but will be in the next couple of weeks.....

I began with the good old 'Union Jack' as shown......





Then distressed it a bit..........





Then I added a brown layer over the top and painstakingly erased it a little bit at a time until I was left with a dirtied image that was darker around the edge. Finally I gave the top brown layer a linen type finish. This was the end result...



I then hand drew, scanned and added a crown silhouette and with William and Kate's initials within it and the wedding date underneath. Here you can see it on coaster that I have received samples of and which I will be ordering in large quantities for my shops :)





There will be two shapes available. Square - shown above - and rectangular...




I also have postcards available that are 100% recycled. They are availabe with the above design: http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/clarycedesign/product/set-of-six-william-and-kate-postcards and also with a similar, but less intricate design .......




When my sample mug arrives I will feature it in a short blog of its own.......

No comments:

Post a Comment