Friday, February 18, 2011

Folksy Friday



It is that time again! Time to showcase the work of some of Folksy's talented crafters.
For my selection today I have chosen work by artists who have very kindly marked my shop as a favourite. I hope you will approve of my selections and for all of you featured I hope you will follow me here on my blog :)




I loved this irresistible clutch by 'Beggars Bowl' Not only does is look beautifully crafted but what a gorgeous choice of fabric. Sure to brighten up any outfit :)

You can see more of 'Beggars Bowl''s creations here:http://www.folksy.com/shops/BeggarsBowl




First of all I love the name of this shop - 'Skull and Cross Buns' and I have to say the items you will find here are as delicious as the title. Selling handmade rubber stamps with wonderful designs such as camper vans, baseball boots and cupcakes to name but a few.... A must for all your homemade craft projects! The link to this shop is: http://www.folksy.com/shops/skullandcrossbuns



This next artist was the first to 'favourite' my shop :) Thank you.
The fact that she is a prolific seller on Folksy should come as no surprise when you see the artistry in this embroidered heart brooch. Gorgeous attention to detail and beautifully crafted. I challenge you not to want to pop on over to 'Pants and Paper' and take an enjoyable browse :)


This charming little fella was crafted by my friend Alison of Kitsch and Stitch. Alison loves working with felt, pretty floral cottons and buttons. She is also an avid knitter and felts her own pieces. I bought one of this lovely birds as a gift for a friend's daughter who now has it perched on her bookcase :) Alison also sells buttons here: www.folksy.com/shops/kitschandstitchit
For all her hand crafted items visit: www.folksy.com/shops/kitschandstitch



I just fell in love with this miniature teacup necklace. It is a pearly pink with incredible flower and bird details on it. You can't see very clearly in this photo, but it has a tiny spoon charm hanging with it :) This would be quite the conversation piece each time you wore it :)
More gorgeous items here: http://www.folksy.com/shops/MishaMakes



Last but not least, a lovely string of 6 glass flags. Bunting is all the rage for every seasons at the moment but I have never seen any as original as this. The decoration is fired on so no matter where and for how long you hang it it will not lose its pattern. Think spring and summer and liturally bring out the bunting! http://www.folksy.com/shops/redbrickglass

That is it for now. I shall endeavour to do a Folksy Friday more frequently and introduce you to more fabulous artists and their products in the future.......


1 comment: